Would you like to save this topic, event, protocol or job so you can find it again easily?
Just click the "Save to My Lab Drawer" link and the item will be saved in the My Lab Drawer
section of your bench space.
Available to members only. Please log in or register
for your free account now.
Humanized NSG Mice: An Innovative Platform for Advancing Preclinical Research
Aug 30, 2012 - Aug 30, 2012
Event Type: Webinar
Registration Deadline: Aug 28, 2012
Abstract Submission Deadline: None
Description of event:
Free webinar: Humanized NSG Mice: An Innovative Platform for Advancing Preclinical Research
August 30, 1:00 PM (ET in US)
The NOD scid gamma (NSG) mouse (NOD.Cg-Prkdcscid Il2rgtm1Wjl/SzJ; 005557) is one of the most immunodeficient laboratory mice described. Its severe immunodeficiency uniquely supports the engraftment of human hematopoietic cells, enabling the creation of "humanized" NSG (hNSG) mice for studying immunobiology, infectious disease, graft-versus-host disease, and transplantation. Join Jackson Laboratory scientist Dr. Brian Soper as he discusses what you need to know about hNSG mice:
· Key genetic components that render the NSG mouse immunodeficient
· Superiority of the NSG mouse as a platform for humanization
· Advantages and considerations of distinct NSG humanization protocols
· Data demonstrating preclinical applications of hNSG mice
· Obtaining humanized NSG from JAX® In Vivo Pharmacology Services
Register for this free webinar at www.jax.org/jaxmice/news/2012/hnsgWebinarAugust